Wednesday 24 October 2012

Jesus Christ Superstar




I thought it was excellent & there is no doubt that I would give it a WOW award. I see a lot of shows but this is one I would go to again. Lord Webber is an amazing man to have come up with this when he was only 21. What visions he has. Laurence Connor brought the production right up to date with Jesus (Ben Forster) being with a group of protesters at St Paul's and the 'gospel' being spread by social network sites. Tim Minchin played the role of Judas superbly. He is a brilliant singer. Mel C was also in it as Mary Magdalene and Chris Moyles had a small role - that of King Herod, and he reminded me of Dale Winton. It was amusing how he asked the audience to vote to whether Jesus lived or died. The songs were amazing and at times so much was going on on the stage that you just had to concentrate on one set of performers.


No comments:

Post a Comment